Local Government is under constant attack...
The regular headlines reporting breaches of Councils’ defences, often with devastating results, show that traditional anti-virus, EDR and XDR systems are no longer enough to combat the increasing sophistication and volume of attacks.
At a time of increased pressure and escalated agile working,
UK Councils are being hit by increasing numbers of attacks including:
phishing, ransomware, polymorphic malware, targeted attacks, weaponised excel spreadsheets and more.
...And if you are one of those under attack, the effects can be catastrophic
- Complete failure of critical digital systems
- Complex recovery (if possible)
- Complete systems rebuild (often many months)
- Loss of essential community services (all departments)
- £millions cost of restoration
Councils are an attractive target for ransomware criminals
- Legacy systems with lots of patches and workarounds
- Increase in public facing digital services
- Richer citizen data stored
- Move to home-working
- New devices/endpoints being adopted
- Hackers now know how to attack councils